Health and support initiatives are important on the African continent where diseases such as HIV and Aids are so rife. Malnutrition continues to be one of the major contributing factors to the high immortality rate, and that’s why we are so excited about Project Mahewu Manje.
Mahewu Manje is an initiative aimed at bringing an affordable and healthy meal to impoverished communities. ZAZOO has collaborated with Nutritional Holdings to produce a powdered form of the well-known liquid Mahewu. Our powdered Mahewu contains probiotics that have nutritional benefits for people living with diseases like HIV and Aids, and we hope that by driving this to the communities, we will effectively help change the lives of individuals living with the disease for the better.
Why is Mahewu Manje so exciting?
- Mahewu Manje is a dried good with a shelf life of up to 12 months
- You can make up to 3 litres when mixed with water
- It positively regulates the immune system and gastro-intestinal system
- It contains essential probiotics and other vitamins and minerals
- It helps sustain the health of people living with illnesses or in areas affected by famine
In our first distribution we aim to deliver over two tons of Mahewu Manje, both in the original and banana flavour.
We will continue to drive this fantastic product into the communities that need it most and are looking to other corporates to join in our efforts in the hope that this project will assist the less fortunate to live healthier, and more productive lives.